3 Best Variants of Kissel Soup with Recipes
If we are talking about desserts, many of you are going to mention the desserts are popular in your country. Dessert can be in the form of food and can also be in the form of drinks. Although desserts are predominantly served cold, there are also desserts that are served hot.
Every country has a dessert that is characteristic of that country. So, when we taste the dessert, we will easily find out where the dessert came from. Likewise, when we taste Kissel soup.
Kissel soup is a food that comes from Russia. This is usually served in the form of desserts with various variations. Have you ever tried tasting Kissel soup? Maybe there are still many of you who don’t know about Kissel soup and how to make it. For that, let’s look at the best variants of Kissel Soup with recipes.
Some countries have different types of soups that are served in various forms. There are soups that can be served hot or warm and there are also soups that are also served cold. Some make the soup into appetizers, main dishes, and some make the soup into dessert.
In Russia there is a dish that can be included in the dessert category known as Kissel Soup. Kissel soup is a chewy fruit dish. This includes dishes that are popular in Russia as desserts and drinks with a variety of variations.
Have you ever tried tasting Kissel soup? Or have you ever tried to make it yourself at home? Maybe there are still many of you who do not know the variations of Kissel soup in Russia. To add information to you, this article will discuss about the 3 best variants of Kissel Soup with recipes.
- Cherry Kissel Soup with Recipe
Kissel is one type of Russian dish that can be created to produce a lot of variety. One of them is Cherry Kissel Soup. This Kissel Soup variant is very easy to make at home. The ingredients you need to make Cherry Kissel Soup include:
- 1 pound of sweet red cherries pitted. You can use fresh cherries or frozen cherries.
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 8 glasses of filtered water
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons of potato starch in 1/4 cup cold water.
Then the steps to make Cherry Kissel Soup are:
- Add 8 cups of water to the pan. Then add 1 pound of cherries and simmer.
- Let the mixture boil for about 12 minutes by turning down the heat. Just cover the pan in half so it doesn’t spill.
- Mix sugar and lemon juice. Put it in the pan and bring it to a boil again for 3 minutes.
- Dissolve the potato flour in 1/4 cup water and add it to the pan slowly while stirring.
- You can choose whether you will filter the cherries or keep leaving them to add texture.
- Then serve soup that has been cooked and still warm in a bowl or cup.
Whether you want to cool it down or not, that’s your choice. And your Cherry Kissel Soup is ready to be served.
- Winter Kissel Soup with Recipe
One other variant of Russian Kissel Soup is Winter Kissel Soup. You will enjoy soup made from various fruits. The ingredients you need to make Winter Kissel Soup are:
- 2 cups of dried fruit consisting of 1/2 cup of dried apples, 1/2 cup of apricots, 1/2 cup of plums, 1/4 cup of craisins
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 6 cups of boiling hot water
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 2-3 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of potato starch
Then the steps to make Winter Kissel Soup are:
- Rinse and drain the dried fruit that has been prepared then put it in a large saucepan along with cinnamon.
- Cover all the fruit with 6 cups of boiling water. Cover the pan and let it retain heat for 30 minutes.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of honey after 30 minutes then place the pan on the stove. Cook the mixture until it boils on medium heat then reduce the heat. Leave it for 5-7 minutes.
- Mix the potato starch with 1/2 cup cold water. Put it slowly into the pan while continuing to stir.
- Let the soup mixture boil and turn off the heat.
You can serve Winter Kissel Soup both warm and cold. If you want to sift the fruit, you can do it. If not, it’s okay.
- Polish Strawberry Kissel With Recipe
Another best variant of Russian Kissel Soup is Polish Strawberry Kissel Soup. It is Kissel Soup that uses the basic ingredients of strawberry. The way to make it is quite easy. The ingredients you need to make Polish Strawberry Kissel Soup are:
- 1 pound of strawberries that have been washed, peeled and crushed
- 1 glass of water
- 1/2 cup sugar water. You can adjust the amount of sugar water to your sweet taste
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons of potato starch. Or you can also use 4 tablespoons of cornstarch
The steps to make Polish Strawberry Kissel Soup are:
- Boil 1 cup of water and sugar in a large saucepan. Remove from the heat after boiling.
- Dissolve potato flour into 1/2 cup cold water. Put in a mixture of water and sugar then bring to a boil again while stirring.
- Put the strawberries and stir well.
- Divide into a special dessert bowl or large bowl that has been rinsed with cold water. Put it in the refrigerator for about 3 hours.
You can enjoy your Polish Kissel Soup by adding cream or something else.
And maybe there are still some the best variants of Kissel Soup with recipes that haven’t been listed above. I hope this article can really help you to find out all you need to know about the 3 best variants of Kissel Soup with recipes.
*Jika artikel ini bermanfaat, mohon di share ^V^!