Smetannik; A Unique Russian Dessert Served in A Glass
Dessert is often a meal that awaited by many people. Many people love the sweet and fresh taste of the desserts they consume. That’s why there are so many types of desserts that exist in this world.
Each country certainly has a dessert that is typical of that country. Some countries even make new innovations in their desserts. Neither with Russia.
In Russia there are special and innovative desserts. This dessert is called Smetannik. Have you ever tasted this Russian dessert? Maybe there are still many of you who don’t know it yet, so let’s look at Smetannik; A Unique Russian dessert served in a glass.
I think there are many of you who really like dessert. In fact, maybe you have your own dessert. Both those from your own country or from other countries. All kinds of desserts must taste really good.
There are many types of desserts that you can choose and enjoy. Starting from the dessert served hot or served cold. You can adjust yourself to what you want, because each country has their own characteristics in making desserts.
Neither with Russia. There are many types of desserts that you can enjoy. One of those desserts is Smetannik. Have you ever known or even tasted this Russian dessert?
Maybe there are still many of you who are wondering and curious about this Smetannik. Therefore, to answer your curiosity, this article will discuss about Smetannik; a unique Russian dessert served in a glass.
- About Smetannik
Smetannik is a simple dessert but has a fresh and delicious taste. It is very suitable enjoyed in summer. Today there are traditional types of Smetannik made in the form of cakes and modern Smetannik served in a glass. Both the traditional and the modern versions, you will be able to enjoy a delicious blend of sour cream and chocolate.
- About Smetannik Traditional Version
The traditional version of Smetannik is Smetannik in the form of cakes. This is a unique and famous cake in Russia. The traditional version of Smetannik is made into layered cakes. The diameter of each cake layer is based on the diameter of the pan used.
A traditional Smetannik version can consist of 4 to 6 layers (or maybe more, who knows). This Smetannik cake can be the perfect tea partner. When you enjoy this cake, it will melt in your mouth.
- Difference Between Traditional and Modern Versions of Smetannik
The difference between the traditional version of Smetannik and the modern version can be seen from the way it serves the dessert. The traditional version of Smetannik is served in the form of soft, fluffy and layered cakes. This is perfect for those of you who want to enjoy this dessert along with tea.
Whereas the modern version of Smetannik is an eggless dessert served cold. It is served in a glass. The modern version of Smetannik is suitable for those of you who want to enjoy Smetannik with other variations.
- Ingredients for Making Smetannik
Smetannik is one type of Russian dessert that you can make yourself at home. There are many recipes for making your own Smetannik on the internet that you can use as your cooking guide. From simple traditional Smetannik recipes to modern Smetannik recipes. It is one of the recipes for making Smetannik modern version served in a glass.
You have to prepare ingredients for making streusel and ingredients for making the cream. The ingredients you need to make Smetannik streusel are:
- 130 gr of flour
- 20 grams of cocoa powder
- 75 gr of butter
- 50 grams of sugar
- ½ tablespoon of baking powder
- salt to taste
While the ingredients you need to make the cream on Smetannik are:
- 300 gr sour cream
- 100 ml heavy cream
- powdered sugar to taste
- fresh strawberries (as needed and according to your taste)
Other additional ingredients you can adjust yourself.
- How to Make Smetannik
Here’s how to make Smetannik streusel:
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, salt and sugar into a bowl. For the dose, you can adjust it to the flavor of streusel that you want.
- Then put the cold butter into the dough and knead by hand to get a texture similar to sand.
- You can put your mixture in the refrigerator about 40 minutes so that the texture of the streusel is increasingly formed.
- Put streusel into the pan that has been lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven at 180 ° C for about 30 minutes. In a 10-minute interval, remove the streusel from the oven and stir the mixture so that the crumbs are thoroughly cooked.
- Set aside your hot streusel at room temperature.
Here’s how to make cream in Smetannik:
- Beat the cold sour cream with a little powdered sugar until it thickens.
- Add a little whipped cream to give the texture in the cream you made.
- Stir gently and carefully the ingredients using a spatula until everything is mixed thoroughly.
To arrange your Smetannik:
- Cut fresh strawberries according to the size you want.
- Make an arrangement consisting of a few spoonfuls of streusel, cream and also strawberries.
- Finish off the Smetannik layer by putting the streusel on top.
- Put your Smetannik in the refrigerator for several hours.
And Smetannik is ready to be enjoyed. You can also serve this dessert with cappuccino.
And maybe there are still some about Smetannik; a unique Russian dessert served in a glass that haven’t been listed above. I hope this article can really help you to find out all you need to know about Smetannik; a unique Russian dessert served in a glass. Are you interested in tasting or even making your own Smetannik?
*Jika artikel ini bermanfaat, mohon di share ^V^!