What is the best part when you eat a cake? Many people will answer this question by saying “the cake part”. They love the taste and the texture of the baked cake. For sure, they enjoy it because it goes great with the tea or coffee they are having. Besides that, people also love the topping of the cake. There are many kinds of toppings you can find. It varies not only in its flavor but also in its shapes.
Just like the cake, there are various flavors you can taste in cake toppings. It could have the taste of chocolate, vanilla, or even nut. You will also easily find many shapes of toppings or icings that make the cake look festive and pretty. For example, if you are using Russian piping tips, you can easily shape different kinds of flowers, even the most complicated one. You can easily buy those piping tips online. You will usually get a package consisted of a few kinds of flowers, such as rose and tulip. To make the whole cake looks even prettier, do not forget to also use the leaf-shaped Russian piping tips 🙂
Besides using Russian piping tips, there is also another way to make tips for your cake. This time we are going to learn about Bailey White Russian for icy cake tips. So, how do we make it? let’s find out about that.
Baileys White Russian
- What Is Baileys White Russian?
As mentioned above, this is another variation of cake icing that you can try to make at home. Just like its name, one of the ingredients of this icing is Baileys. Baileys is an Irish cream-based whiskey. It has many variants, such as mint chocolate, crème caramel, hazelnut, and vanilla. Since this is an alcoholic beverage, it contains 17% alcohol. So, when you make the Baileys White Russian as the icing for your cake, remember to not serve this cake to kids 🙂
The original version of White Russian does not use Baileys. It is a cocktail with vodka, Kahlua (coffee liqueur), and cream in it. If you do not have cream, you can use milk or half and half as the substitution. White Russian is served with some ice in an Old Fashioned Glass.
Another fun fact about White Russian is it is traditionally known as Black Russian which existed in 1949. It then turned into White Russian when the cream is added in the ingredients. White Russian gained its popularity through a movie called The Big Lebowski where this drink is the favorite drink of the protagonist character.
When you are going to have some drinks, there is a chance for you to see the variations of White Russian. The one using Irish Cream is called Blind Russian. The one with goat’s milk in it is White Canadian. If you prefer skimmed milk, you can order for an Anna Kournikova. There is even one that uses rum instead of vodka. This one is named White Cuban.
- How Do You Make Baileys White Russian For Icy Cake Tips?
This is a really simple icing recipe. Here are the ingredients and instructions to make Baileys White Russian for icy cake tips.
- 225 grams of butter
- 450 grams of powdered sugar
- 60 milliliters of Baileys
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- Set an electric mixer to medium speed. Use it to beat the butter until its texture becomes creamy.
- While beating the butter, put in the sugar alternately with the Baileys.
- Turn off the mixer after all those ingredients are blended completely.
- Add the vanilla extract and salt. Mix it well.
- There you have it, your Bailey White Russian icing. You can pipe it right away to the top of your cake.
- Can You Make Baileys White Russian As A Drink?
The answer is yes. Since Baileys itself is a drink, you can make Baileys White Russian as a beverage you can enjoy when you want something sweet and creamy. Just like the icing, this is also a super simple recipe very easy to follow.
- 30 milliliters of Baileys
- 30 grams of Irish Cream
- 60 grams of half and half cream
- Half cup of ice
- Whipped cream and chocolate (for garnish)
- Put the ice into a shaker. Then, add the Baileys, Irish Cream, and half and half cream into the shaker as well.
- Shake it thoroughly and, through a strainer, pour the whole content into a martini glass. (you do not need the ice)
- Top it all with some whipped cream and chocolate.
- Enjoy your Bail Baileys White Russian Drink.
- Is There A Recipe For Baileys White Russian Cake?
Baileys White Russian is something that can be enjoyed in many forms. It can be the icing for your cake. You can drink it and now you can also try to make a Baileys-based cake. Just like the icing and the drink, remember that because of its alcohol content, this cake is unsuitable for kids.
For the cake
- 175 grams of unsalted butter
- 175 grams of self-raising flour
- 25 grams of plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 150 grams of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3 tablespoons of soda
- 2 tablespoons of vodka
- 1 teaspoon of Kahlua
For the icing
- 275 grams of icing sugar
- 130 grams of unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of Baileys
- 1 tablespoon of vodka
- Preheat your oven to 180o
- Mix the sugar and butter until the texture becomes light and airy. Add the eggs one by one into the mixture. Mix them perfectly.
- Mix the baking powder and the flour. Sieve it into the mixture in point 1 and fold gently. Add soda and Kahlua into the mixture. Make sure that all of those ingredients are blended well.
- Pour the dough into a cake pan and bake it for 30 minutes.
- Let the cake sit in room temperature while you are making the icing.
- Start making the icing by beating the butter. You need the butter to be fluffy. While beating, add the sugar bit by bit. Then, gradually add both the Baileys and the vodka. Once it is all mixed perfectly, you can pipe the icing to the top of your cake.