Many ways that we can do to enjoy the holiday. One way is to spend a holiday with the family at home. When celebrating the holiday at home, there will usually be a lot of dishes that were served. Starting from appetizers to desserts.
Sometimes, there is a country that has desserts that are often or even only served when celebrating national holidays. Also included in Russia. There are some desserts that you can only find on certain holidays. Maybe there are many of you who don’t know it yet. For that, let’s see about the tasty Russian desserts and how to make them for holiday.
Even spending a day at home is not a bad idea. In fact, it would be very nice because we could get together with the whole family. Usually if the whole family gets together, there will be many different types of dishes that are identical to the holiday celebration.
Now we will discuss about the dessert. In Russia, there are many types of tasty desserts. There are desserts that you can easily enjoy at any time and some that you can only enjoy while on holiday there. Maybe there are some of you who still don’t know about Russian desserts on this holiday. To add information to you, this article will discuss about the tasty Russian desserts and how to make them for holiday.
Blini is a pancake from Russia and Ukraine. Blini includes traditional foods that are often served during holidays in Russia. This food is similar to pancakes in general it’s just thinner but not as thin as crepes.
There are many types of Blini that you can make yourself at home to be enjoyed during the holidays. This is one kind of easy recipes that you can make. The ingredients that you have to prepare are:
- 1 cup flour (or adjusted to the batter, do not be too watery)
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups warm milk
- 1 spoonful sugar
- a pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butter to melt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Vegetable oil or sunflower oil to fry the batter.
You can adjust the flour used in Blini dough. You can use wheat flour, buckwheat flour and some other types of flour.
The steps you have to do to make Russian Blini are:
- Beat eggs in a large bowl and add the warm milk
- Then add salt, sugar, baking soda and melted butter in a large bowl and mix well
- Slowly and gradually, add the flour in the large bowl and mix well
- Heat the oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat. You can adjust the size of the pan diameter to suit your taste
- Pour the batter into the pan and cook for about 30 seconds and then flip. Cook the other side for the same time as before
- After Blini is cooked, lift it to a serving plate and serve with filling according to your taste
- Repeat the process until the dough in a bowl-out.
You can adjust the ingredients you use to make Blini because it will affect the amount of Blini you cook.
Sharlotka or also known as Russian Apple Pie (but there are also those who call it Russian Apple Cake) is a food that is usually served as a dish on a holiday. These include foods that became a favorite in Russia and is also suitable enjoyed with a cup of coffee. There are many types of Sharlotka recipes that you can cook yourself at home to enjoy while on holiday. This is one of the easy Sharlotka recipes. The ingredients that you have to prepare are:
- 3 apples
- 3 eggs
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- powdered sugar as a topping
- butter or oil
The steps you have to do to make Sharlotka are:
- Prepare a baking sheet that has been smeared with butter or oil. Then preheat the oven to 325-340˚F.
- Peel and cut the apple into small pieces.
- By using an electric mixer, mix eggs and sugar at high speed until thick and smooth evenly.
- Using a spatula, mix the flour, baking soda and lemon juice into the egg and sugar mixture. Mix well.
- After that, add the apple slices, stir again.
- Put the dough into the pan and bake in oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of it and your Sharlotka is ready to serve.
Syrniki is a food that you can find in several countries in Russia and also known as cheese pancakes. Syrniki is usually presented during Maslenitsa celebrations in Russia. There are many types of Syrniki recipes that you can make yourself and enjoy while on holiday. This is one of Syrniki’s easy recipes. The ingredients that you have to prepare are:
- 2 cups of farmer cheese (Tvorog)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (1/2 cup extra for dredging)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 std salt
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 cup raisins
- Extra light olive oil
The steps you have to do to make Syrniki are:
- In a large bowl, mix the cheese, eggs, flour, sugar and salt. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, mix baking soda and vinegar. Stir until sizzling and mix the dough in a large bowl. Stir using a handheld electric mixer.
- Then add raisins and stir using a spoon.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp olive oil on a large nonstick pan on medium heat.
- Put 1/2 cup of flour in a small bowl. Take a little dough with an ice cream spoon and put it in a small bowl.
- Roll and shape the pancake mixture using flour coated hands.
- Fry the pancake mixture until browned on each side for 3-4 minutes while turning.
If your Syrniki is cooked, you can put it on a plate and You can add various toppings according to your preference.
And maybe there are still some of the tasty Russian desserts that haven’t been listed above. I hope this article can really help you to find out all about the tasty Russian desserts and how to make them for holiday.