Do you like to explore culinary? What food is usually your choice? Where did the food come from? Of course, there will be many questions that arise.
There are many types of foods that exist throughout the world. Even food is sometimes similar to food in other countries. Although similar but usually has a slightly different taste.
Do you know about dumpling? Did you know that Russia also has food similar to dumpling?
The food is called Pelmeni. To add information to you about Pelmeni and Pelmeni that use Siberian style, let’s see about … Pelmeni, but in Siberian style? You will love it.
One food with another food that exist in each country, can have shapes and flavors that are similar. But there are also those who have different tastes, although not much different. How to serve food can be the same, it can also be different. Likewise, with Russian food with food in other countries.
Russia is the largest country in the world. Therefore, Russia certainly has a lot of types of food. Starting from appetizers to desserts. Even the food of each region in Russia also has a lot of diverse variations.
One type of food that is famous in Russia is Pelmeni. Pelmeni itself has different recipes in each region of Russia. Among the many types of Pelmeni, have you ever known about the Pelmeni in Siberian style?
Maybe there are some of you who already know about Pelmeni in the Siberian Style and there are those who don’t know about the food at all. For those of you who don’t know it yet, this article will discuss Pelmeni, but in Siberian style. And you will like it.
- About Pelmeni
Pelmeni is food that comes from Russia. This is still included in a variation similar to dumpling food. Pelmeni is included in the list of foods that are popular in Russia. Pelmeni’s name comes from the word pelmeni which means “ear bread“.
There is a debate regarding the origin of the Pelmeni. Ural and Siberia are the two areas in Russia which both claim to be the origin of this cuisine. Pelmeni also become one of the best ways to preserve meat quickly during the long winter in Siberia. The size of Pelmeni is sized for a single bite.
- The Difference Between Pelmeni And Similar Foods
Dumplings in this world have many varieties. There are some countries that have a similar dish with dumplings. One of them is a dish from Russia named Pelmeni. Even so, in fact Pelmeni also has some differences with dumpling dishes in other countries.
The meat and fish fillings used in the Pelmeni are slightly different from dumplings in general. Meat and fish in the Pelmeni are given additional spices to add flavor. Then, the dough skin used is also thinner and does not use yeast. If dumplings in other countries can also be fried, but Pelmeni is boiled dumplings served with sour cream or something else.
- Pelmeni In Siberian Style
Pelmeni in Siberian style or what is known as the Siberian Pelmeni is a type of Pelmeni that has meat fillings consisting of several types. Meat and fish used for Siberian Pelmeni filling are usually frozen first in a short time before being chopped and mixed with seasoning. There are also those who add ice that has been destroyed in the process of making Siberian Pelmeni.
Pelmeni in Siberian style that have been made can also be frozen to make them easy to store. When you want to cook it, it is heated in a pot filled with boiling water. At the restaurant, Siberian Pelmeni is served with broth.
- Ingredients to Make a Pelmeni Siberian Style
If you are interested in making your own Pelmeni in Siberian style dishes at home, there are many recipes that you can get on the internet. This is one simple and easy recipe for making Pelmeni in Siberian style.
The ingredients for the dough you need to make the Pelmeni in Siberian style are:
- 700 ml of all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 200 ml of water
- 1 tsp salt
While the ingredients for filling in the Pelmeni in Siberian style you need are:
- 500 grams of chopped beef
- 500 grams of chopped pork
- black pepper and salt to taste
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
For the type of meat used, you can adjust it to your needs. You can also prepare sour cream or melted butter for serving with the Siberian Pelmeni.
- How To Make A Pelmeni In Siberian Style
The steps to make a Pelmeni in Siberian style are:
- Put flour and eggs in a large bowl. Then add salt and add water little by little. Mix all the ingredients until the dough is formed. Once enough is formed, leave it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- For filling, mix the chopped meat with finely chopped onions into a bowl. Add salt, pepper and vegetable oil. Mix well.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and then trimmed dough 2 mm thick. Then cut into small circles measuring 6 to 7 cm. Put the filling into the dough skin then forms.
- Put Pelmeni which has been formed in the plastic tray and freeze at least 24 hours.
- After that boil water with a little amount of water. Boil the Pelmeni in boiling water until it floats. Once cooked, serve with sour cream or melted butter.
And maybe there are still some of Pelmeni, but in Siberian style that haven’t been listed above. I hope this article can really help you to find out all you need to know about Pelmeni, but in Siberian style. And you will like it.