2 Kinds Of Amazing Mirror Glaze Design
Nowadays, we can find many interesting many kinds of cakes with so many interesting designs. Among those many designs, the cupcake is one of them. When we talk about the cupcake, the bakers make a lot of creative designs with the icing. There are simple designs, such as flowers or flower pot (the bakers use chocolate color for the icing with some Oreo crumbles on it to make it looks like dirt and put on some flowers on a toothpick at the top). There are also more complicated designs such as cherry pie (the cherries are represented by some red M&Ms. The stripes and the pie crust are made using a small piping tool).
Besides icing on cupcakes, there are also many creative designs of it you can find in cakes for birthday or wedding. The bakers or cake decorators use piping tools to create flowers and leafs-like icing to make the cake pretty. They will also mix many colors to make the cake looks festive and colorful. It is not easy to make creative designs of the icing. You need to use the right piping tools and know the right technique to use it.
Besides the various designs, we can find in the decorations of cupcakes and cakes, you can also find cakes that are designed with more complicated methods. These cakes are called mirror glaze cakes. Just like its name, these cakes have a mirror-like layer that, of course, has the glassy character. To understand more about this pretty cake, let’s take a look at these 2 kinds of amazing mirror glaze design.
Amazing Designs Of Mirror Glaze Cakes
- Apple Mirror Glaze Cake
Yes, you read it right. This kind of amazing mirror glaze design is in the shape of an apple, a red apple with a small stem and a green leaf at the top of it. If you see this cake, in a glance, you would think that this is a real apple! So, you want to know how to make it? Here you go:
- You can use any cake you want. It is okay if you want to use a basic cake.
- Cut your cake horizontally so you will divide it into four layers. In each layer, spread the mixture of Swiss meringue and buttercream. Then, cover the whole cake with the same mixture. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Cut off the outer parts of the cake with a knife to make the cake smooth. Then, slowly, remove the parts of it until the shape of the cake becomes round like an apple.
- Cover the whole cake again with the mixture of Swiss meringue and buttercream and let it sit while you are making the mirror glaze.
- To make the mirror glaze, you need 2 teaspoons of gelatin, ¼ cup of water, 100 grams of chocolate, 75 milliliters of condensed milk, 100 grams of sugar, 100 milliliters of corn syrup.
- Mix the gelatin and water.
- In a different container, put the chocolate, condensed milk, and the gelatin liquid together.
- In a pan, put in the sugar, water, and corn syrup. Boil it all together until it reaches the consistency of a syrup. Pour the syrup into the container in point 7 and blend it using a blender. Don’t forget to add red and burgundy colors.
- Before using the red syrup to cover the cake, make sure to heat it with 32oC temperature.
- Finally, pour the syrup from the top of the cake. There you have it, your mirror glaze apple!
- Galaxy Mirror Glaze Cake
If in the first design you have to put more effort in shaping the cake to become like an apple, in this second kind of amazing mirror glaze design, you will learn to make the mirror glaze in the color of the galaxy. Since the galaxy consists of so many colors, you are going to need a few of food colorings. Follow these steps to make a galaxy mirror glaze cake:
- Just like any mirror glaze cake, you can just use basic cakes. In this one, you need two of them.
- Here are the ingredients to make the glaze: 200 grams of white chocolate, 1 cup of sugar, ½ cup of cold water, ¼ cup of water, ½ cup of corn syrup, ½ cup of sweetened condensed milk, 5 teaspoons of powdered gelatin, vanilla buttercream frosting, food coloring (black, white, navy blue, electric blue, purple, and pink).
- Remove the top of the cake so you have cakes with even surface. Then, cut both cakes half.
- Spread the vanilla buttercream frosting between each layer of the cake. After that, keep the cake in the fridge for around 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, take it out of the fridge and cover the whole cake with the frosting. Then, keep it in the fridge for 2 hours while you make the glaze.
- Mix the gelatin with ½ cup of cold water.
- Put ¼ cup of water, corn syrup, and sugar into a saucepan. Mix it and cook it for 7-8 minutes.
- After it is boiled, remove from the stove and put the gelatin from point 6 into the saucepan. Whisk it together. Then, add the sweetened condensed milk, whisk it all again.
- Put the white chocolate into a different bowl and pour the whole saucepan into the bowl. Let it still for 2-3 minutes. Then, blend it using a hand blender.
- Pour the mixture in point 9 through a strain into another bowl so you get the smooth mixture. After that, split it to 5 different bowls. Add the blue navy and black coloring into the first bowl, electric blue and navy into the second bowl, pink into the third bowl, purple into the fourth bowl, and electric blue into the last bowl.
- To make it easier to cover the cake with the glaze, you need to put the cake on top of a tall glass.
- Based on the bowl in point 10, pour the content of the fifth bowl into the first one. Since you want to make a natural color of the galaxy, do not mix the color. Just give it a little swirl. Then, pour it all over the cake and let it drip.
- To give more details, you can spread a little bit of the electric blue, the purple, and the pink on the cake using a teaspoon. Then, using a big spatula, brush the top of the cake gently to even out the color.
- To give a shimmer look, you can spread some black disco dust on the top of the cake. To give some “stars” to the whole “galaxy”, you san splatter some white coloring onto the cake. Lastly, let your cake sit for 20 minutes. There, you have it, your galaxy mirror glaze cake!
*Jika artikel ini bermanfaat, mohon di share ^V^!