Cool Russian Helicopter: “Hind” Series
If we discuss about the vehicle to go to war or for military, what kind of vehicle that immediately comes to your mind? Of course, there are many that mention different types of vehicles. The type of vehicle used for war and military are diverse. It depends on the circumstances that existed in the country.
There are many countries that have great vehicles for war or military. Even some vehicles can be greatly feared by other countries because of the sophistication of the vehicle. The country even then produces their war or military vehicles to leave the country.
But, among all types of vehicles that you know are used for war and military, do you know about the Russian Helicopter Hind series? Well, this is one of the best helicopters that Russian has. And I think there are still many of you who don’t know about this helicopter. For that, let’s see about the cool Russian helicopter: “Hind” series.
As you know, there are some countries which specifically produce vehicles used in conflict areas for war or for other military purposes. Each country will equip their war vehicles and military with sophisticated equipment to fight or just guard the country. There are even countries that make war and military vehicles that are feared by other countries.
Each country has different conditions and factors. Because of that, military vehicles and war in each country are also different. And for what vehicles are needed, it could also be that each country has a different purpose. There are countries that are truly in need of these vehicles and there is also a country that has such a vehicle is just a precaution.
Russia became one of the countries that produced vehicles that they used for war and other military purposes. One type of their famous and sophisticated war vehicle is the Russian Helicopter Hind series. Did you ever find out about this?
I think there are many of you who still don’t know about the Russian Helicopter Hind series. Maybe there are also some of you who are wondering and are curious about this type of helicopter. To add information to you, this article will discuss the cool Russian helicopter: the “Hind” series.
- About Russian Helicopter Hind Series
Russian Helicopter Hind series or better known as the Mil Mi-24 helicopter is a helicopter made by Russia with many purposes. This type of helicopter is commonly used for large combat helicopters, low-capacity troop transportation and attack helicopters. This is the first Russian helicopter that was developed as a helicopter for both assault and combat transportation. Mil Mi-24 helicopter has a passenger capacity of up to 8 people.
Russian Helicopter Hind series was first operated in 1972 by the Soviet Air Force and its successor. The helicopter is produced by Mil Moscow Helicopter Plant. Besides being used by Russia, it is also used by many other countries in the world.
The name “Hind” that exist in the Russian Hind helicopter this series is actually the name given by NATO. In Russia itself, Russian Hind helicopter series is known and commonly referred to as the “Crocodile” because of the helicopter’s camouflage scheme that looks like crocodile.
- Type of Russian Helicopter Hind Series
Russian Helicopter Hind series has many types. Each type of helicopter has its own purpose. Starting from the initial type up to the type that has been upgraded. Here are the types of Russian Helicopter Hind series:
- Mi-24D (HIND D). This helicopter aims for direct air support.
- Mi-24V (HIND E). This helicopter aims for direct air support and is the most prolific version.
- Mi-24P (HIND F). This helicopter aims for direct air support which has twin rifles.
- Mi-24R (HIND G-1). This helicopter has a mechanism that is used to get to land and water, and others.
- Mi-24K (HIND G-2). This helicopter has a camera in the cabin, a shotgun, but does not have a targeting system.
- Mi-25. This helicopter is an export version of the HIND D.
- Mi-35. This helicopter is an export version of the HIND E. It has a twin sized gun barrel 23-mm.
- Mi-35P. This helicopter is an export version of the HIND F.
Of course, each Russian Helicopter Hind series has detailed uses that are also not much different from one another.
- Advantages of Russian Helicopter Hind Series
As a sophisticated war and military vehicle, the Russian Helicopter Hind series certainly has many advantages when compared to other similar vehicles. The advantages of the Russian Helicopter Hind series include:
- Russian Helicopter Hind series has a wide capacity so it is very useful.
- The Russian Helicopter Hind series also has contributed to many missions in both war and military.
- Russian Helicopter Hind series is the fastest helicopter on earth.
- The Russian Helicopter Hind series has 5 rotor blades which can make it possible to produce more lift and quieter flight.
And there are many more advantages of this Russian Helicopter Hind series.
- Weaknesses of Russian Helicopter Hind Series
Aside from its advantages, as a sophisticated war and military vehicle, the Russian Helicopter Hind series also has several weaknesses. Weaknesses of the Russian Helicopter Hind series include:
- Russian Helicopter Hind series is a weakness in the rotor and engine exhaust port.
- The Russian Helicopter Hind series is still considered less agile when compared to Western helicopters.
- Russian Helicopter Hind series has wings that are prone to stalling which limit the helicopter’s maneuverability.
And maybe there are still other shortcomings of this Russian Helicopter Hind series.
So, maybe there are still some about cool Russian helicopter: the “Hind” series that haven’t been listed above. I hope this article can really help you to find out all you need to know about cool Russian helicopter: the “Hind” series. This is truly an awesome vehicle, isn’t it?
*Jika artikel ini bermanfaat, mohon di share ^V^!