A Russian City of Hills and Volcanoes: Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky
Could visit any place in the country would be nice, right? Especially if the place has a beautiful and unique scenery. That will increasingly make your vacation the best vacation.
Have you made a list of places for your vacation in a country? Or are you looking for a place with a very beautiful and attractive natural scenery?
There are many places that you can visit to see the beautiful scenery. One of them is in Russia. There is an area called Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky which has beautiful natural scenery. It is a city surrounded by volcanoes.
Do you know about Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky? To add information for you, let’s see about a Russian city of hills and volcanoes: Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky.
In all countries in the world, it certainly has a certain location where the view is very beautiful. This kind of scenery is often an attraction for tourists to come to the country. Beautiful nature is usually one of the main factors why the place is often visited other than because of its food and culture.
Similarly, when you visit Russia. As the largest country in the world, of course there are so many places in each of the cities there that we can visit as tourists. One of the places you must visit is Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. This is an interesting place and you shouldn’t miss it.
Have you ever heard or even known about Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky? Or maybe you have visited it?
I think there are still many of you who don’t know about Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky yet. To answer your curiosity about this beautiful place, this article will discuss about a Russian city of hills and volcanoes: Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky.
- About Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky
Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky is a city located in Russia. The city is also the administrative, industrial, scientific and cultural center of Krai Kamchatka. Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky is the capital and the only city on the peninsula. The city was found on October 17, 1740. Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky is located quite far from the Russian capital, Moscow.
Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky is also a city located on a high hill and surrounded by volcanoes. You will be able to see and enjoy many beautiful landscapes and make you feel like returning to this city. In Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky there is the only airport that is the starting point and end point for every tourist who visits this city. Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky is also famous as the base of the Russian Pacific Fleet. This is truly an amazing city, isn’t it?
- Transportation to Get to And from Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky
There are several transportations that you can use when you want to visit or want to go from Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. In addition, you can also choose your own type of transportation that you use to visit tourist attractions or natural scenery in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. Types of transportation are:
- By plane. When you want to go to or from Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, the most practical transportation is by plane. There is one airport in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. You can use the Aeroflot flight from Moscow, S7 and Vladivostok Air. After that you can use bus # 113 to go to the city center.
- By bus. You can only use the bus to get around the city of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. It is public transportation there. You can ride through the main bus station at Pobedy Prospect. If the bus is your choice, pay attention to the time to buy a ticket. It opened at 8 am and you have to come early to get a ticket.
And maybe there are some other transportation that you can use to get to and from Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. Also, when you want to visit tourism in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, there are many other transportation options that you might be able to adjust to your needs.
- Volcanoes in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky
Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky is known as a city surrounded by volcanoes. The volcanoes that surround this city are also known as The Volcanoes of Kamchatka. This is a large group of volcanoes on the Kamchatka Peninsula.
The Kamchatka Peninsula is flanked by around 160 volcanoes of which 29 of them are still active. This was included on the UNESCO World Heritage List site. The highest volcano in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky is Klyuchevskaya Sopka. It is the largest active volcano in the Northern Hemisphere with an altitude of 4,750 m. This mountain is also a prime candidate as the most beautiful volcano in the world.
- Tourism in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky
There are many tourists who visit Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky to see Kamchatka. This is a place that looks very different from Central Russia. There, the tourists can see the volcanoes, glaciers, hot springs, lakes, waterfalls and many others. Tourism offered at Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky includes natural tourism, water tourism, ecotourism and several other types of tourism.
There are lots of tourism in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky that you can put on the list when on vacation there. The places you should not miss are:
- Lenin Square, this is the center of the city which is famous for the statue of Lenin there.
- The Church of Holy Trinity, this is the main church in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky.
- Home Volcanos, this is the closest place to the mountain town of the Avachinsky group. Mountains included in this group are Avachinsky Volcano, Koryakskaya Sopka, Kozelsky Volcano.
- Vitus Bering Monument, this is the oldest monument in Russia’s Far East. This monument to honor Bering was built around 1823-1826.
- The Kamchatka National Museum, this is a museum where you will find exhibits about ancient history in the Kamchatka region. If you are interested in the volcanic nature of Kamchatka, you can visit the Volcanology Institute there.
And maybe there are still some of all you need to know about a Russian city of hills and volcanoes: Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky that haven’t been listed above. I hope this article can really help you to find out all you need to know about a Russian city of hills and volcanoes: Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. Now, are you interested in visiting Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky?
*Jika artikel ini bermanfaat, mohon di share ^V^!